Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: April 17th, 2019 Important Update Please Read before making a purchase. When necessary, changes to these terms are made immediately.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PHONE AND INTERNET SALES
APRIL 2019 UPDATE: Please Read:
Commencing in May 2019, ALL major credit card companies will no longer be refunding credit card processing fees when a merchant refunds a customer for a returned item, or for an order that is canceled after it has been charged. At BMC when you place an order it comes through as an authorization, NOT A CHARGE. Once I ship the order and it is on its way to you, I capture the authorization and the charge is completed. I do this because there are times when I may run out of an item during the day. This is a rare occurrence, but when it does happen, I will always contact the customer and let them know that we ran out of an item. At that point, the customer will decide whether they want to wait until we get our stock, or cancel the order and purchase through another vendor. If the customer chooses not to move forward with the purchase, I void the credit card authorization, therefore a charge is not processed and this new credit card company practice will not affect the customer in any way.
Depending on the credit card used for the purchase, these credit card processing fees may range from 2.2% to 4.5% of the sale total. As we are all aware, saltwater fishing tackle is not cheap, so while the percentages may seem low, a processing fee on the sale of a $3000 electric reel would be $105. Unfortunately, these are costs that I am unable to absorb when an item is returned. Personally, I believe this is a poor and abusive practice. I have written my local congressional representatives about this and expressed my opinion to them. Until this law is changed, credit card processing fees will not be refunded on product returns. If you feel as strongly about this as I do, I strongly encourage getting a hold of your congressional representatives and let them know that this is an unfair practice that needs to end. These abusive guidelines affect all of us, both as customers and merchants alike.
The only time that the refund of processing fees affects a customer is when an item that may not meet your expectations is purchased, and you have to return it. I am always available to answer your questions prior to finalizing your purchase - (954) 263-6177 My objective is to get you the product you need that will meet your needs and/or specifications at the best price.
Sale Terms BlueMarlinChronicles.com
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for visiting BlueMarlinChronicles.com and to also thank you for doing business with me. My name is Louis, I own Heber Valley Big Game Tackle, DBA BlueMarlinChronicles.com, BMC Tackle Products, and Sceptre Fishing Rods. it is my pleasure to assist you with your purchase and to answer any question you may have. I am always available and can be reached at (954) 263-6177
At BlueMarlinChronicles.com your 100% satisfaction is very important to me. If you purchase a product from me and you are not thrilled with it, I will be happy to:
1. Refund your money (see exclusions below)
3 Give you a store credit in the form of gift certificates that can be used at anytime. My Certificates NEVER EXPIRE.
With respects to returns all I ask is that your return the unused item in its original box and that you call or email me for the SPECIFIC ADDRESS that the item needs to be returned to. I will issue you a return authorization number that is used to credit the return to your specific credit card / account. Shipping expenses are none refundable unless it was an error on our end. Shipping expenses will be deducted from the final refund price, this is inclusive of items that are covered by our free shipping policy. Commencing May 2019, credit card merchant processing fees are also non-refundable. Refusal of delivery on any item. or failure to follow our return shipping policy will require a 30% restocking fee. This return policy is good for seven days from the time the item arrives at your door. This allows you a full week to decide. There are some exclusions, please read below:
I am unable to issue a refund or exchange on any item that’s been used or not in it’s original container. All sales are final on Special Order Non-Inventory purchases. All electric reels are special order non-inventory items. NOTE: We are unable to guarantee matching colors on any aluminum reel colors other than SILVER. On items that we do not manufacture, we have no control over colors, and shades of colors, this is why all colored reels other than silver are not stock items. We warn customers because it has been our experience that 90% of the time, colors will NOT match.
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: All the items we sell are brand new in the box with full manufacturer warranty. Should you have a problem with any item within that item’s warrany period, please call me and I will assist you in obtaining a warranty repair or exchange.
- Warranty on Kristal, Daiwa, Lindgren Pitman, and Dolphin Electric Reels is through the manufacturer. All sales on Kristal, Dolphin, Daiwa, and Lindgren Pitman electric reels are final. Exchanges on defective merchandise and/or warranty repairs are handled through us via the manufacturer. We will assist the customer in the exchange and/or repair process. Timeframes and shipping requirements are subject to manufacturer time frames.
- Gift Certificates: All BMC Gift Certificates are good indefinitely. These never expire and we do keep a record of these purchases. If you have received a gift certificate and you lost it, don’t worry. Give me a call and I will take care of this right away and re-issue a copy if you need it, or apply the certificate to your current purchase.
- Free Shipping/Included Shipping: Shipping is included on certain items on our website. Typically included shipping covers those shipments to the lower 48 states. USPS flat rate shipping rates are the same to Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Alaska, FPO, & APO we will honor the included shipping policy on those products that we normally ship via USPS Flat Rate. International shipping is not included in any of our products. Items that feature included shipping will be labeled as Free Shipping on our website. Actual shipping costs are non-refundable on any and all items that are returned.
- US Military, Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, Air Force, National Guard, and Space Force, Veterans & Active Duty Personel: At BMC we appreciate our military and are grateful for their service to our country. ALL military personnel are entitled to special discounts at all times. Please email or call me. I will be honored to provide you with the largest discount possible. We support & sponsor Hooking Up Heroes. A program developed in South Florida to take our members of the armed forces fishing when they visit our ports. Our military is important and very much appreciated.
- Law Enforcement, Homeland Security, Paramedics, medical, and Fire Department personnel: At BlueMarlinChronicles.com we appreciate the outstanding jos you do in our communities as first responders. We offer special discounts and offers to those of you who serve in communities throughout our country.
- Helium Systems: It is the customer's responsibility to secure a filling station for helium systems BEFORE purchase. Due to size and weight issues and shipping costs. All Helium System returns will incur a 10% restocking fee plus all shipping fees.
- Non-returnable items: Unless defective upon arrival, sales on the following items are final: Home Port Charts, all electric reels, fishing kites, and helium balloons. If any of these items arrive defective, we will exchange them at no charge to the customer. We must be notified of damages within 24 hours of the delivery. If shipping boxes are damaged, these and the packing must be kept in order to place an insurance claim. We will need pictures of these items, and courier inspectors will at times want to see the shipping boxes and packing. Any claim for a product whose price is over $500, will most likely require either a postal, UPS or FedEx inspection.
- BMC Shipping methods and time frames: At BMC I ship via FedEx, UPS, and USPS only. We ship 98% of our orders immediately. There are times when we may get several orders for a specific item and run out before we can make adjustments to the website. In these rare instances, we will not charge your credit card and either call you, notifiy you via email, or both.
- It is the customer's responsibility to ask for overnight, 2nd day, and specialized deliveries that involve specific time frames. We are not responsible for courier delivery delays once the shipment leaves our facility. In an effort to save our customers money on shipping charges, we drop ship some items that are bulky and costly to ship to us then to you. By shipping it once we save on shipping costs and pass these savings on to you. Items that fall into this category are HydroGlow Lights, Sea Angler Fish Bags, Captain Segull Charts, Home Port Charts, DockPro and SuperBrite fishing lights. If you have any questions with regards to shipping times or need an item quickly, please call me before you place the order. (954) 263-6177 We do not offer expedited shipping choices on the website. All expedited shipping orders must be placed over the phone.
- Credit Card Chargebacks: At BMC Tackle we have a very liberal return policy, making the need for a credit card chargeback totally unnecessary. A credit card chargeback where the item is kept and not returned, we consider as theft. We will place all frivolous credit card chargebacks on collections. Those who engage in this type of behavior will be responsible for collection costs, attorney fees, and court costs. Frivolous credit card chargebacks increase consumer and business costs making retail prices higher for everyone, at BMC Tackle we take this very seriously and we will vigorously pursue all avenues of collections in these matters.
- Ship to addresses: Customers who need their order shipped to a different address other than the billing address must place their orders over the phone. We do not offer shipping to a different address via the website.
- International Orders: We do not accept credit card orders outside of the US. All international orders require a bank wire transfer for payment, no exceptions.